NYL- Roar vs AISPosted: November 10, 2012
It was a wet and rainy afternoon at Goodwin Park, but Brisbane won the game 4-2. However that’s not the important part of this, most people were far more interested in who would stake a claim for the 1st team.
Here’s some brief notes:
Takahashi- Good, did enough to show he’s ready for the 1st team imo upon reflection. Had some nice passes out of defence and wasn’t beaten very often.
Donachie- Not his best game, as he gave away a penalty (aparently) and was also at fault for the 1st goal.
Liftin- 1st time i’ve seen this kid play and he had a really impressive performance imo playing as the #10. Tidy goal too, but still to raw for the 1st team.
Dong Hyun- Scored a complete fluke and set up Proia on the counter for a tap in but overall wasn’t influential enough imo.
Proia- I liked his game thought it was very good. Worked extremely hard upfront closing down and often got frustrated at Dong-Hyun and Yeboah for not closing down propery. Shows he cares however and I like that. Also shows he knew what was at stake today, not sure the rest fully grasped it.
1) Came from very high pressure and an insane attempt to play out from AIS. Liftin played in nicely and slotted home. Good run from midfield.
2) A complete fluke. Do put in a cross turn shot which the AIS keeper somehow managed to palm into his own net.
3) A fast break from an AIS corner (I think) which saw Dong get in behind the defence before cutting back to Proia from the by-line for an easy tap-in.
4) Nice move which resulted in a penalty. Dougall slotted home comfortably.
1) Play down AIS’ right/ Roar’s left and a goal from a cut back.
2) Didn’t see the lead-up to the goal but im told Donachie gave a penalty away, which was put into the roof of the net.